With the outbreak of the war in Ukraine, there was a need to provide Ukrainian children with warmth and care to protect every child’s right to a happy, safe childhood.
Oct 24, 2022 11:15 EDT
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., October 24, 2022 (Newswire.com)
The NGO “Professional Development of Kharkiv,” with support from UNICEF Ukraine and the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine, has launched their Together. Meeting Points project to help youngsters and their families who suffer from the war in Ukraine.
The initial idea of “Professional Development of Kharkiv” was to create a network of shelters for parents and their children within the territory of Ukraine. Since the shelters were set to emerge in at least 10 cities of Ukraine, implementing such an idea required a technical solution that would allow the coordination of support, activities, and events at designated locations, as well as the timely delivery of humanitarian aid.
Dmytro Lobanov, who leads the Together. Meeting Points project approached NIX United as a trusted partner with whom, at the time, another project had already been implemented in partnership with UNICEF Ukraine.
In conditions of war, when the capability of fast response and resource mobilization is undoubtedly important, a basic solution needed to be created that could eventually be scaled to address more complex demands. As a result, NIX United chose Salesforce as a technology that allows quick and hassle-free implementation, integration, and maintenance.
Six tech experts from the NIX team worked as a team with experts from other organizations and managed to provide Together. Meeting Points with a ready-to-use platform within 28 hours. Usage of pro-bono licenses kindly provided by Salesforce to Professional Development of Kharkiv expedited the project’s release and humanitarian assistance delivery by about 20 times.
Currently, this project serves two purposes:
- Notify internally displaced families about the local psycho-emotional support events from which they can receive help from professional psychologists, coaches, trainers, non-formal education specialists, and representatives of other social organizations. This helps to occupy children’s time, relieve their stress, and engage them in exciting activities with new friends.
- List of humanitarian aid items for newborns that can be found in Kharkiv, Poltava, Kremenchuk, Svitlovodsk, Kropyvnytskyi, and Cherkasy.
What NIX United has achieved so far:
- 29,931 children have received assistance
- 1,054 new volunteers have joined
The next goals at NIX United:
- Implementation of automatic surveys among participants registered on the platform
- Adding new opportunities for training of volunteers and coordinators
- General improvement of the operational model of the project
NIX United’s work expands beyond business interests into social and environmental challenges. They believe they can co-create solutions for a better future by leveraging collective impact.
Source: NIX United